Glossies, it’s here. The time we all cherish most of all in the beauty world…new year, new product launches!! Whoo!!!
I AM HERE FOR THIS, TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY.
So, I’m at Walgreens this morning to pick up some Orange Vanilla seltzer (don’t judge me, just try some and get your life) when BAM! All the new product displays just hit me. Obviously I had to take a walk through and I’m really glad that I didn’t even try to muster enough self restraint to keep walking and decided to take a peak.
There are lots of new things already hitting the shelves and it’s all the way GOOD.
Here’s a quick list of the things I peeped out. (Products marked with an * are things that I’m most excited to, and will, try.)
- Yes to Carrots Fragrance Free*: they are introducing a whole line but I’m most excited to try their gentle cleansing facial wipes. Yes to Cucumbers is great for sensitive skin so I know this will be even better.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation: This product looked great on the shelf, but unfortunately the darkest shade they had on display was not a shade match–not even close :(
- Burt’s Bee Brightening Face Care*: This line will include a daily cleanser, eye treatment, dark spot corrector and even-tone moisturizing cream. I’m not going to try everything in the line, at least not as of yet, but I’d like to try the corrector for sure. Outside of Clinique’s it’s hard to find something that treats dark spots that is agreeable with my skin. It’d be great if this product works and doesn’t irritate my skin because as much as I love Clinique, it can be too pricey for this girl on a budget.
- Garnier Clean+: On the display I saw a Nourishing Cleansing Oil (which may find it’s way into my arsenal), a Smoothing Cream Cleanser, Purifying Foam Cleanser, and Balancing Daily Exfoliator. They also had a Shine Control Cleansing Gel and Blackhead Eliminating Scrub. The cleansing oil and cream cleanser are for drier skins, while the Purifying products are for combination skin types. And of course, the cleansing gel and blackhead scrub are for oily skin types. Don’t worry about trying to remember which products correspond to which skin types, Garnier’s displays have made them super easy. Kudos to them!
- Garnier 5 Sec Blur*: I imagine this is Garnier’s ($16.99) answer to L’Oreal’s Miracle Blur ($22-$26). I find Garnier to be reputable so I’d definitely be willing to save the extra bucks and try this instead of L’Oreal’s blemish eraser/skin enhancer. I’ve heard great things about Miracle Blur so I’m certainly not knocking it but I think Garnier is providing a great option to other ladies who feel Miracle Blur is just a tiny bit out of their budget.
- L’Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Lotion SPF30: This product intrigues me very much. I’ve never seen something that is directly advertised for your face, neck and chest. I’m not sure if I’ll be trying this, but I’m definitely keeping it on my radar.
- L’Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher: I’m not sure what to make of this product but I imagine it’s for young women/women who are at a more entry level stage of skin care as it seems Youth Code is geared towards the 20-30 year old crowd. Right now I think of it as shelf clutter, but I’ll reserve my final opinion until I know more.
- Revlon Matte Balm*: Yes. A thousand times yes. Revlon’s magical lip crayon is now also offered in a matte formula. Also: there’s a pretty deep purple color that is definitely coming home with me. I’ve been dying to try a purple lip and I think this is the perfect way to do it.
- Revlon Lacquer Balm*: see previous item. Ditto everything. Add: any Beyoncé booty shaker you’d like because that’s the vibe you’ll be catching when you swipe one of these on. Get ’em girls! ;)
Aaahh! I’m so excited I can hardly contain myself.
Which products are you interested in trying? I’m going to review all the items that I pick up from this list. If you’d like me to review something in a particular order, let me know in the comments below or drop me a note. Please note that I try skincare for at least 5 days before writing a full review, but I will always post first impressions.
Disclaimer: Walgreens or any of the companies/brands mentioned above are not compensating me for my post(s) (currently or in the future unless otherwise stated)
I won’t be posting again until January 2, 2014 so…
Glossies, I love you for reading. Here’s to a slamming 2014 filled with all the beauty products you can stand and bad ass power moves (in life, love, work, money, etc.) that chicks like us can make happen in 365 days. Here’s to you because you ROCK! Happy 2014.