When I started this blog, I always had the intention of not boxing it into a beauty blog. I wanted The Lip Glossy to be an accurate reflection of me, in my entirety.
Sure, I love beauty, fashion and the like, but I also love a good novel, steaming cups of tea and hot cocoa in winter, a cold glass of iced tea in the spring, summer and fall and most of all reflection.
I think we can sometimes underestimate the power of looking back on a situation and reviewing how we felt, thought, and handled it. It helps us grow and become better people. That can never be a bad thing.
Sometimes, we need reflection the most when we’re in the midst of change. Although change can be for your growth and benefit, it can be hard to adjust and learn the new things required. I’m experiencing this right now in multiple areas of my life. It’s scary but I’m also hopeful concerning all the great things it can bring about if I continue to work hard. The same can be true for you.
So, what’s my plan for adjusting, flourishing and excelling? Here’s what I plan to do:
- Get my bearings–don’t take forever to do this, but don’t rush myself either
- Give myself a break: I’m human and I’m still rather young, there is a lot of learn and all I need to do is being willing to learn. Mantra: I do not have to have all the answers
- Put my best effort forward: do my best and leave the rest for my next chance
- Check my attitude and delivery: be mindful of how I am interacting and reacting to others. Most of all, be kind whenever possible. Every time.
- Take things one step/one task at a time
- Employ effective time management skills
- BREATHE. Go about the day one breathe at a time.
We can do it glossies!
I hope by sharing my experiences and thoughts that it will help each of you.
I’ll be back tomorrow to chat about product–promise. After all, products can help us feel pampered and renewed and that’s key to staying on track as well.
Appreciate you for reading,