I saw this recipe on my Twitter feed, courtesy of Beautylish and thought I’d pass it along. It look super easy to make and a treat to use. Enjoy :)
Peppermint Foot Scrub
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup oil (try olive, coconut, or almond)
- 3-4 drops peppermint oil
- Red food-grade edible food coloring
- Glass Jar (that can hold at least 16 oz.)
Mix sugar and oils in a large bowl until well blended and free of any clumps. Separate half the mixture into a second bowl and add a few drops of red food coloring and stir until you get a subtle red. Then layer red and white: Spoon some of the white sugar scrub into the glass jar and pat down with a wooden spoon. Add the same amount of the red scrub into the jar and repeat, alternating red and white until it’s all in the jar. For more of a swirl appearance, pull a knife clockwise through the jar once or twice.
Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion
- 3/4 cup Shea Butter
- 1/4 cup oil (try olive, coconut, or almond)
- 3-4 drops peppermint oil (for scent)
- Glass Jar (that can hold at least 8 oz.)
In a saucepan, melt shea butter over low heat until liquefied, then stir in the oils. Allow the mixture to cool. Once cooled, whip with a mixer to give it a fluffy consistency, and spoon into glass jar.