I know, I know…it’s been a long time since we chatted. My apologies! But I’m back and I’ve got a big review for you, so let’s get right into the fun, shall we?
Okay, we all know that bareMinerals is a great brand with many wonderful products that are of good quality and are great for your skin and a flawless look.
I’ve been watching YouTube reviews of the latest bareMinerals offering: the Ready to Go Complexion Perfection Palette and I adored the concept and added it to my “Beauty Hit List”, and it was topped some products that have been on the list for more than six (6) months. Since I’ve started a new course this year, I decided to treat myself at the end of each course week. I skipped a few weeks so I went big last week and purchased this palette in the shade R510-For Deep Golden Skin Tones. I ordered this from Sephora.com which I always recommend as you can earn points to redeem for lots of other beauty goodies.
This palette includes smaller portions of the following products (with each bareMinerals supplied description):
- bareMinerals READY Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in R510: a long-wearing invisible coverage foundation that produces a 108% increase in skin hydration.
- bareMinerals READY Touch Up Veil in Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Dark: visibly reduces imperfections and shine for a soft-focus finish with skin-nourishing benefits.
- bareMinerals READY Bronzer in The High Dive: natural looking, waterproof bronze color lasts up to 8 hours and delivers smoother, firmer looking skin.
- bareMinerals READY Luminizer in The Shining Moment: enhances the complexion with a candle lit radiance and soothed, conditioned skin.
- bareMinerals Correcting Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF20 in Dark 2: creamy formula reduces the appearance of dark spots and discolorations all day long.
- Mini Precision Face Brush
- Mini Tapered Face Brush
and it’s all housed in a “keepsake clutch.” Now, let me be clear. I love this concept of any palette that’s perfect for on-the-go. But I’m not at all in love with this particular palette. In fact, I used it once and promptly boxed it up and sent it right back to Sephora. Wait, let me be fair. I did LOVE the bronzer, but I’ll be purchasing that separately as that was the ONLY thing I loved. The palette comes with an instructional/makeup how-to booklet and I followed all the instructions, piling on the products one at a time and the end result pretty enough but I didn’t feel comfortable in my own skin at all. It felt that I had too much product on: no woman likes to feel such a way.
Also, this whole “keepsake clutch” business annoys me a little. This palette is not refillable. You just have to keep buying a new one (at $49 a pop!) each time you’re depleted. WHY IS THIS NOT REFILLABLE?! And what happens if you run out of the concealer before the foundation??
Ugh, I digress. My bottom line advice: spend the $49 on something else that you’ll be absolutely in LOVE with.
Have any of you tried this palette before? If so, I’d love to hear if you’ve had the same or different experience.
Apologies for the long post, but it’s good to be back! :)